Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Creamy Mashed Avocado Corn Salsa

Did you know summer is corn and avocado season? I did. And I LOVE IT. Especially since these are two of my favorite things in the fresh produce section. Then even more so when you can make a decadent, delisious salad topper, dip or side for next to nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, please enjoy this recipe - and if it is in the summer, at a crazy affordable price!
 

Ingredients
  • 1 Avocado
  • 2 ears of corn
  • GOOD balsamic
  • 1 tablesoon fresh salsa or 1 small tomato, chopped
  • feta cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste

Roast corn on the cob. I do this by turning on my gas burner to low and putting a de-husked corn directly over flame, lightly browning all sides. Set corn to the side to cool.

In a large bowl, place avocado flesh. Mash to desired consistency.

Cut corn off of the cob. Add to large bowl with avocado then add salt and pepper (to taste), tomato and/or salsa, and about a tsp good balsamic. Mix together so it is all incorporated. At this point you can add in feta if you would like or just use as dip. I like to put greens on the side then sprinkle feta and balsamic on it and eat it as a salad. My 6-year old daughter loves it! She loves corn and the creamy avocado, if mashed and blended enough, is hidden in the dish.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment