Monday, March 5, 2012

Dally in the Alley - Taste Test 2

Tasting Number Two Review...

This amazing feasting night after night would come right before bikini season... I said yesterday that I would light the rest of this week. Well, tonights menu made me happily break that promise to myself. At least I got to the gym today!

Fish of the Day
Pan seared and served over steamed jasmine rice, pan seared shitake mushrooms, baby bok choy, snow peas and spring onions with orange, chilis, ginger and soy sauce

The fish - cooked to perfection! I also loved the melody of steamed, asian inspired vegetables. I did forgo the rice, I much rather would have more figs or black bean soup then fill on that - since I had the chance!
Although this dish was close to perfection, we all decided the fish needed some sort of sauce. One solution to this tonight, that actually worked wonderfully, was using the spicy asian vinaigrette from the salad last night. Good thing there is still more of that dressing left, because it is so fresh, crisp - yet spicy - I cant get enough!

Pan Seared Asian Vegetables




Grilled Pork Sausages
with figs and pistachios
I absolutely loved this fig sauce!! I got a couple pointers on how it was made, and will try and come close to making such an amazing sauce for myself in the near future.
The sausage was grilled on a charcoal grill then sliced and served with the reduced fig sauce. Crushed pistachios added a touch of brightness and lightness... just enough for me to have a few too many bites and believe that at least some of it was healthy!
What an A + appetizer, we all kept going back for more throughout the night.



Black Bean Soup
Hello perfectly spiced black bean soup, I love you. Theres not much more to say, than soaking beans produces the perfect base for a wonderfully flavored black bean soup. (and is much nicer on the tummy) Now I am inspired to cook a black bean soup of my own!
On another note - a special, and delicious twist - for my black bean soup seconds I cut up figs from the fig sauce and sausage and added them to the pot. HEAVEN!










1 comment:

  1. Omg, love that you all had jasmine rice and the fish of the day looks gorgeous! Everything looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete