Sunday, April 29, 2012

Banana Almond Super Food Oatmeal Breakfast

I loveeee waking up and eating a good bowl of oatmeal, which got me thinking how I can make my usual breakfast even more amazing while keeping all the health benefits? This dish was the answer. The yummy answer I must say! Enjoy! 


Ingredients (makes one serving) 
  • 1/3 cup quick oats (or rolled oats) 
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 banana, sliced 
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1 tsp ground flax
  • walnuts and sliced banana to top
Combine oats, almond milk, water and sliced banana in a pot on the stove. Mix to combine. Set on med to med high temp and let simmer for about 5 minutes. The mixture should just be getting thick. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes, continuously, until a little runnier than desired consistency. Turn off heat and add chia and flax. Mix. Let sit 2 - 3 minutes. Serve and top with walnuts and sliced bananas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment